Monday, December 29, 2008

PUFF PUFF COUGH COUGH


I yearn for the days of old Hollywood and 80's boardroom meetings (ya know just clouds of smoke). Or maybe just when smoking was considered a glamorous and prestigious aspect of mundane life... and to light was a sign of dignity and beauty, not cancer and dangerous second-hand smoke. Today I can't walk 3 feet without the feel of penetrating glares aspiring to terminate my cig in my eye. I thought it was bad when the the Starbucks OUTDOOR patio turned to "no smoking," but to make matters worse, most of Europe is turning American on us and "in the name of health for all" banning smoking in public places, like restaurants, etc. When the French start to turn their back on smoking, I feel its time to say "Au revior cigarettes!" Has smoking become a thing of the past? Is it not as great as Carrie Bradshaw fashioned it to be on Sex and the City? Ultimately, is it time to quit smoking? 

Yes... YES... and YESSSSS.... SO the real question is... Can I do it? I'm not saying I'm hardcore addicted, but I do still believe that there is some special feeling one gets when they spark that cig. If there wasn't some sense of Aubrey Hepburn exquisiteness behind every puff, then why do so many damn people want to bum a cig when they are drunk?! (Only answer is - they think its cool) As a New  Year's resolution, I'm going to attempt to kick it - in honor of not want to lose a hand to not being able to smoke anywhere and the climate of the frozen tundra aka Wisconsin! 

Best of luck to anyone/everyone else that has the same resolution and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Agniesia 嘎妹 said...

muahahhahahahahah this is coming from the bia who bought 2 packs of cigs 2 days ago. love u and i think u can do it. but dont, caz then i wont have anyone to smoke w

Me

Los Angeles, CA, United States
I’m an adventurous soul with a taste for the good life. When it comes to art, nothing is more impressive than high fashion; hefty price tags are definitely worth it. Music rules my ears. I always take the leap, look forward and have no regrets. I want the metropolis to be my playground so I never run out of things to do, but I love the luxury of taking time to myself. When I think freedom.. I think living here and now.

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter