Sunday, February 1, 2009

When I Get Messed Up... I Think About You...

'
Its FEBRUARY!!! Oh yeahhhh that time of the year where everything that's brown, dull, dirty and dark turns to pink, red, happy and floating hearts. Yes... the time when if you are single, you are reminded of it and if you are attached, you can bask in the glory of your relationship without scrutiny.

Every year (like clockwork) during this month I turn away from my regular techno/house music/remix bs and to that time in my life when I was that "Indy rock girl" with an eyebrow ring (yeahhh image that - me + eyebrow ring... and I had other piercing that I can't really admit to anymore).

At the time, these bands/singers were under the radar and not making hit songs for shows like Gray's Anatomy or going on worldwide tours....This is my "love despair" playlist inspired single handily by my on again/off again hs/college boyfriend (some of the songs may have came out after we broke up for good in 2006, but still remind me 100% of "that" time). This is what might get me through this month:

  1. Does He Really Love You - Rilo Kiley
  2. The First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
  3. I Want You - Kings of Leon
  4. Such Great Heights - Postal Service
  5. In Love - The Kooks
  6. Lover I Don't Have to Love You - Bright Eyes
  7. Girl is On My Mind - The Black Keys
  8. Forever Young - Alphaville
  9. Desperate Guys - The Faint
  10. Against All Odds - Postal Service
This is the first February I'll spend truly "single" and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet, but I'll let you know... if I survive it. My number 1 rule for right now (this is to two of you... you know who you are):

No matter who broke your heart or how long it takes to heal
you'll never get through it without your friends.

:) Love you both

2 comments:

Me

Los Angeles, CA, United States
I’m an adventurous soul with a taste for the good life. When it comes to art, nothing is more impressive than high fashion; hefty price tags are definitely worth it. Music rules my ears. I always take the leap, look forward and have no regrets. I want the metropolis to be my playground so I never run out of things to do, but I love the luxury of taking time to myself. When I think freedom.. I think living here and now.

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter